This is one of my crockpot favorites. (So much so, I think I've burnt my family out of eating it! It is currently and very sadly out of my meal rotation.) This recipe is so incredibly easy and so good! I literally throw the chicken from the freezer into the crockpot and let it cook all day long. The rest of the ingredients go in for just about an hour (though I give it longer, since it sometimes isn't quite ready when I want it to be!) One word of caution, I've tried with varied success adding vegetables to this dish. To me, it begs for them. However, if you are throwing in frozen veggies, you'll need more time for the meal to cook on the end. The veggies may also add some unwanted water causing you to question whether or not the egg has set. You may have better luck thawing the veggies first and draining them. Enjoy! Oh, and thanks for another great one, Stephanie!
2 T corn oil
2 lbs chicken breasts
3/4 c flour
3/4 t bk powder
1/2 t salt
1 c evaporated milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 c sh cheddar cheese
2 T chopped onion
2 t dried parsley flakes
1. Coat crock with corn oil. Cook chicken on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours or until fork tender. 2. Stir together flour, bk powder, salt, milk, eggs.
3. Fold in cheese, onion, & parsley. Pour over chicken & cook 1 hour on high. Serves 6.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment