I would be remiss if I didn't include this salad in my collection of favorite recipes. It is by far the recipe I am most requested. I'm not sure where it originated, but my mom gave it to me from someone at her work. Since then, it may have either her name or my name connected to it (depending on who's preparing it). It's the perfect blend of sweet, tart, tang, and crunch! I'm sure you could substitute other fruit for the strawberries, but why?
Romaine lettuce and/or Baby Spinach
1/3 C Red Onions, diced (I've also used sliced, which are a bit easier to see and pick up)
1 qt fresh strawberries (if you have kids, be sure to have extra!)
Dressing:
1 C Mayo or Miracle Whip (I've also used as little as 1/2 C without any other alterations, just as good, not as thick)
1/2 C Milk
2 T Cider Vinegar (I've also used white wine vinegar-- just as good)
1/3 C Sugar
1 to 2 T Poppy Seeds
I think originally the recipe called for mixing everything, including the dressing, but I like to hold the dressing on the side. It allows guests to pour what they want without making the salad to wilty if it sits out a bit longer.
Enjoy!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment