Monday, March 8, 2010

Peanut Butter Power Balls

I'm pretty sure that a friend of mine introduced this to me, but then I found it on FamilyEducation.com as well.  Let me tell you that if you like peanut butter, these are just incredible.  It's a bit like taking a spoon to a jar of peanut butter, but with some other stuff mixed in as well (so you don't feel as bad doing it).  The kids love it, of course!  It's a good protein and calcium source for a "hit the spot" afternoon treat.  Oh, and did I mention how easy they are?
  • 1 C peanut butter
  • 1/2 C non-fat dry milk powder or soy protein powder
  • 1/2 C raisins or chocolate chips
  • 1/4 C honey
  • Graham cracker crumbs (you don't need much, maybe 1/2 C?
Mix all ingredients except the graham cracker crumbs in a large bowl.  Shape mixture into 1-inc balls.  Roll in crumbs and refrigerate (or freeze-- balls will thaw by lunchtime).  Note: To make it easier, since the dough is pretty sticky, I spooned the mixture into a bowl of graham cracker crumbs.  The crumbs made the "balls" lots easier to manipulate. 

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template