Monday, March 15, 2010

Pomegranate and Banana Salad

Oooh how I love the fall.  I love the colors.  I love the weather.  I love the food.  We typically see pomegranates come out about this time.  These are not fruits that I would frequently buy.  In fact, I hadn't bought them since, well, since I started shopping for myself!  But, our oldest son came home one day extremely excited about the snack they had had at preschool.  What was it?  Pomegranates!  So, I became excited because my baby found a new healthy food he loved so much and I thought the rest of us would agree.  I was right.  Soon after, I found this recipe, which I have fallen in love with.  It is the perfect combination of tart and sweet and the flavors compliment each other so well.  If I wasn't a mommy, I KNOW I could eat the whole thing in one sitting!  But, I AM a mommy, and I must share,... I must!  I think I originally found this on the CDC website somehow, but I can't find it now.  This is a link to the same recipe from the pomegranate council.  Now that I'm looking again at my printout, I see the reference back to the pomegranate council.  So, there you have it! 

2 pomegranates, chilled
3 bananas
1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
2 limes (or 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice)



Mix together the juice of the limes and the tablespoon of sugar. Adjust sweet and sour to taste. Score and seed both pomegranates freeing the seeds. Mound the pomegranate seeds in the center of the salad plates and slice the bananas around the perimeter of the seeds. Drizzle with the prepared lime dressing and serve.
Serves 4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template