Monday, March 15, 2010

Cream Cheese Frosting

This used to be my standby recipe.  It is delicious over a chocolate cake.  And, I imagine it would be great on bars, carrot cake, cookies, etc.  I found it on allrecipes.com.  The original recipe follows and is good, but I have also followed one of the comments on the website to tweak it a bit.  We love it!  Original recipe yields 2 cups.
  • 6 tablespoons cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and spread on cooled bars or cookies.   
Alterations as suggested by one of the comments:
  • 1/3C margarine
  • 1T cream
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 1 1/3 C powdered sugar
  • 1 t vanilla

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template