Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mom's Meatloaf

Have you ever wondered why it is that when you cook meatloaf (or anything else for that matter) it never comes out like Mom's?  Well, besides all of the tender loving care that only Mom can put into your meals, I'm sure that the other reason is that she cooked some meals so often because everyone liked them that she no longer used a recipe.  This was true of my grandmother's cooking, and it's becoming true of my mother's cooking.  Whenever I ask for a recipe, it's off the top of her head, and everything is an estimate.  I can relate, as meatloaf is one of my favorite dishes to make, since there is very little you can do to mess it up.  But sometimes, I just want Mom's meatloaf.  And this is it!  (At least, it's how she remembered it the day I asked her!)
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 C Bread Crumbs
  • 1/2 C Oatmeal
  • 1/2 C Ketchup OR 1 small can tomato sauce OR some leftover spaghetti sauce (my addition!)
  • Salt and Pepper (I skip the salt, as I think there is enough in the previous ingredient)
  • Oregano (dried)
  • Parsley (dried)
Mix all ingredients well. Place in an 8x8 or (9x9) square glass baking dish.  Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template